Saturday, March 31, 2007

Another Call for Guest Columns

I've just received some great news. Baseball in Lorain County is one the rise. Lorain has renovated its Class F field into a professional-caliber stadium. "The Pipe Yard" will be Cleveland State's (Cleveland isn't a state) home field this year, and it will also host several games for Lorain County Community College. The long-term - or more appropriately, medium-term - hope is to lure a professional baseball team to Lorain.

A Frontier League team did "flirt" with Lorain a few years back, but nothing came of it. However, the nearby city of Avon recently announced that it has reached a deal with a Frontier league team.

With this recent upsurge, the local paper put out a search for a new baseball writer. On a whim, I threw out a resume and some sample work. Ladies and gentlemen, you're looking at (or reading the words of) The Morning Journal's new college and pro baseball writer.

The position is only on a freelance basis, so I'll still be keeping my day job. Between work, writing, and school, my calendar is book. That's where you come in. I'm going to need much help from my loyal readers in the form of guest columns, or else the site may have to go on hiatus for a while.

Again, this is an exciting time for me. But if you're a fan of Kanka's Sports Page, I'll need your help to keep it going.