Saturday, December 11, 2004

It's Weis

OK, first of all, I see I need to work on my cheesy sportswriter headline puns. But I'll save that for some other day. Thanks to some anxious web browsing by KankaManiac nickyschu, it now appears that Charlie Weis will be the new head coach of Notre Dame football. ESPN says it's official, with a press conference coming Monday, but I hardly consider them respectable any more. UND.com doesn't have anything yet, but Fox Sports now is also saying it's official. The deal is reportedly for 6 years and $12mil. Bill Belichick expects Weis to finish the season with the Pats. More thoughts on this in the days to come, I'm sure.

Also, Fox Sports has a rumor that Titans coach Jeff Fisher may be fired at the end of this season, and that he'll be a prime candidate for the Browns or Dolphins.