Thursday, March 25, 2004

Bonus Ramblings (the stuff I forgot to say yesterday)



  • There's no parity in women's basketball: let's face it, you're either a "have" or a "have not." Case in point: in the women's tournament's 20+ year history, there have been very few double-digit seeds that have survived the first round. Only a handful of 13's and 14's have advanced, and most people know that there has been one win by a 16 seed (Harvard over #1 Stanford in '98), but amazingly there has never been a 15 over 2 upset. Haves and have nots....

  • When I first read Dave's article yesterday, I got to the line where he called Mike and Meg "Nick & Jessica." Now, I thought, why would Dave be comparing Mike and Meg to Yonto and his girlfriend? ...oh, that Nick and Jessica...

  • Every time I hear Xavier guard Lionel Chalmers's name, all I can think of is Superintendent Chalmers from The Simpsons. Or, as Ralph Wiggum calls him, "Super Nintendo Chalmers."