Monday, January 21, 2008

News and Notes

  • At the bottom of each post, I've added a button that will let you bookmark the post to Digg, Reddit, etc., if you're into that sort of thing.

  • I also included links to the site's two RSS feeds at the bottom of each post, so please give those a try. If either of these two updates is an eyesore, please let me know.

  • On Facebook? Join the KankaNation group!

  • I'm hoping to have the countdown clock up again soon. Please check out this thread on the message board and chime in on who should be on this year's clock.

  • Congratulations to Justin Tuck, who celebrated a 10 sack season with a huge contract extension. Oh, and he's going to the Super Bowl.

  • If you believe the stories, even only to a small extent, Josh Gibson may have been the greatest ballplayer ever. So, I often wondered, why did he never make it to the Major Leagues? Sadly, Gibson died of a brain tumor in January 1947, mere months before Jackie Robinson made his famous debut.


Recent posts, in case you missed them:


Finally, what better a day to post one of my all-time favorite Fr. Hesburgh pictures: